The Coalition operates as a committee of the Department of Public Employee Unions, Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO.
The member unions united in the Coalition of County Unions (CCU) collectively represent more than 30,000 men and women employed by the County of Los Angeles. Through their hard work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, these skilled and dedicated union members prove our collective commitment to health, safety, and well being of the residents of Los Angeles County -- and our millions of annual visitors.
United for more than 30 years and affiliated with the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO, the CCU negotiates a common fringe benefits contract. By coordinating activities such as political action, public policy, and bargaining, the Coalition enhances the strength of each individual member union.
Secure improved wages, benefits, and conditions of employment for men and women employed by the County of Los Angeles employees while respecting the autonomy of and integrity of CCU member unions.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information with CCU member unions.
- Extend to member unions moral and material aid when the occasion arises.
- Provide mutual assistance in appearing before Local, State, and Federal legislative bodies for the purpose of expanding and protecting benefits for County employees.
Effectively protect and enhance the benefits and compensation for Los Angeles County Employees.
COALITION OF COUNTY UNIONS
Membership in the CCU consists of labor unions or councils that are:
- Certified to represent employees of the County of LA.
- Affiliated with the LA County Federation of Labor.
- Signatories to Fringe Benefit MOU between the CCU and the County of LA.
The CCU negotiates a common fringe benefit contract that binds our employer to provide medical and dental insurance, pension and other retirement plans, paid leave, and other benefits to County employees represented by the unions affiliated with the Coalition.
The CCU executive officers elected by the member unions every two years (odd numbered years).These officers are:
Coalition of County Unions 2 Cupania Circle, Monterey Park, CA 91755 Phone: (323) 213-4005 Fax: (323) 724-0140